Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finger Food

A couple of weeks ago, Ellen began to refuse her purred baby food at home. Her teachers tell me that she was still eating it at school but they forget that they are magical and I am just a mom. (Have I mentioned how much I love her teachers?) After some counseling from Betsy's mom, I decided to get more adventurous with Ellen's finger foods at home and to send more to school. She had already been good about eating out with us and loves all kinds of food. So far, the sticky rice served at Chinese food restaurants have been a favorite.
At home she loves any kind of berries but blueberries are a favorite. She also likes to feed herself grapes, black beans, green beans, peas, chicken, rice, avocado, and banana.

She takes this whole eating thing very seriously.

We are still working on perfecting our sippy cup skills. I put watered down apple juice in her cup to make it more appealing but we are still struggling with this. I have tried the cup myself and found that you have to suck pretty hard to get the juice to come out. This week I am going to send her sippy cup to school and ask her teachers to work their magic. I think they could teach her the ways of the sippy cup in no time flat. (I love her teachers!!!) Love, The Little Bee and her Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment