Saturday, September 29, 2012

Maine - revisited

We made the very long trek to Camden, Maine in June and I have yet to blog about it.  This was the house we stayed in.  The front yard was an English cutting garden with peonies that bloomed the last two days we were there.  A rolling stream runs through the backyard.  The house itself had four bedrooms and lots of common spaces. 
Here is a shot of Camden Bay to get an idea of where we spent the majority of our time.  Camden itself is filled with lots of great shopping, restaurants and the best children's library ever.  We had a great time poking around the town and the surrounding towns. 
This was the view outside of our window every morning.  Lloyd fell in love, hard, with sailing and these boats.  Seriously, I'm afraid he might just leave to work on a crew somewhere...
Ellen fell in love with the ducks who live in the same harbor as those beautiful sail boats.  Every morning and most evenings we walked across the street to feed the ducks and the gulls. 
I really loved walking along this coast and watching how it changed based on the tides.  I was really hoping to come across a tide pool.  You know like the one in "Blueberries for Sal".  My whole life I have wanted to jump into that book, pick blueberries and investigate a tide pool.  Sadly, we didn't come across one on this trip.  We did have a great time and got to wear sweaters in June, though!  Love, The Little Bee and her Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment