Saturday, August 7, 2010

First Boat Ride

Ellen has been up and down the Texas coast this summer. We started with a trip to Galveston when she was almost three weeks old. She also went to the farm in Chappell Hill a few times, Galveston a few more times and to Port Aransas. Ellen has enjoyed her travels this summer and her time with Cece and Grandpa. One of the highlights of her trip to Port Aransas was her first boat ride. Grandpa and Daddy spent the morning fishing and when they were ready for lunch motored over to the condo to pick up Cece, Mommy and Ellen. Earlier in the day, my mother "Cece" and I went on a mission to find an infant life jacket and to ask the locals about how legal it is to take an infant on a boat. At Port A Outfitters, we found an infant jacket that is good until Ellen weighs 30 pounds and were assured that it was perfectly legal for Ellen to go on a joyride. So, dressed in her new life jacket and sun hat, we embarked on our three minute cruise to Virginia's, an outdoor fish sandwich and rum drink sort of place. Ellen slept for the whole ride while Lloyd nervously wondered what we were thinking taking such a tiny baby on a boat. I'm sure that Ellen will love going on many more boat rides and will live for the day that she no longer has a to wear a life jacket. I know Margaret and I counted down the days until we could throw caution to the wind and ride with Dad sans life jacket. Ugh, that reminds me that Ellen will one day be a teenager and of all the other things we were up to around the time that we riding around without our life jackets. For now, I am glad that Lloyd and I are still her favorite people in the world and she has no idea of how embarrassing we actually are. Love you Little Bee! Much Love, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment