
Our Little Bee started eating solid food right before she turned 6 months old. Originally I was not going to make her baby food but Betsy's mom convinced me that it was easy with the
BabyCook by
Beaba. I ordered ours online from The Right Start and have loved it! We invited Aunt
Muffy over and she and I got to work cooking for our Angel. Here we are reading the instructions. Aunt
Muffy is a very good cook so I knew we were in good hands.

The first thing we made was organic carrots. It is a good idea to start with foods in the yellow/orange category and then work your way to green. It is also good to start with veggies instead of fruit. First step in baby food making is to start with organic produce. Here are the carrots being chopped up.

Next water into the steam chamber. The
BabyCook steams and purees the food in one machine.

Here are the carrots taking a nice steam bath. You can see that they are in a steam basket. After they are cooked you dump them from the steam basket into the thing that looks like a measuring cup. This has a blade at the bottom and purees them nicely. We started with more liquid for her first venture into eating and as she has gotten the hang of it I leave them a bit more coarse and with less water.

Here is the final product. Yum! These little containers are from Juvenile Solutions and are carried at The Right Start. They have worked really well for us. They go in the freezer and dishwasher and are really easy to pack for school. Lately I have even used
frozen veggies for her food and that works really well too. This could not be easier! Little Bee is such a good eater and we love feeding her! Love y'all, Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment