Monday, March 19, 2012

Dining Al Fresco

The minute we get home from work/school Ellen wants to head outside. I love that I can watch her play from my kitchen window while I get our dinner together. Her play area is in direct view of my window allowing me to monitor her play but while giving her the independence she insists on. Lately, we have enjoyed eating dinner together outside. On this particular day Daddy was volunteering at the Rodeo so it was just us girls. Ellen elected to eat in her play house while I sat in the grass close by.
She decided her dinner was too hot and that it needed to go into her play fridge to cool off for a bit.
This is a move she learned from watching me in the kitchen and it is incorporated into her play anytime she is feeding someone or something. Once dinner was "cooled off", she pulled it back out and finished her dinner.
After dinner she entertained me by shaking her leg and saying "shake leg, Mommy". This is something she picked up when Daddy was running late for church. I sent her in to her father with this message so that we wouldn't be late. She thought it was hilarious.
Love, The Little Bee and her Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment