Thursday, March 15, 2012

POTW: Love and Logic Parenting Solutions

My product of the week is a lifesaver for any parent out there. I work as a psychotherapist and have worked with some of the worst behavioral problems and sick family systems you could imagine. I am desperate to do my best not to screw up my child and thoroughly believe that therapists can rear some pretty messed up kiddos! All that Freudian theory starts to mess with your head after a while...
When Ellen took to biting a little boy in her class room, I went in search of some ways to help her father and I deal with this. Love and Logic was my first and only stop. They have a 1800 number you can call for quick advice and a great kit for parents of children ages birth to six years old. Their theories are the ones that I try to instill in the family's I work with and were a natural fit for us. They believe in empowering the child to make decisions, giving the tools and structure they need to make good decisions, and treating children with respect while they struggle through these decisions and their outcomes. We ordered the book on CD version of the kit and quickly devoured every word. I am even helping our church to bring in a Love and Logic speaker. This is a favored parenting style for most churches and you can usually find Love and Logic classes being held at churches and schools.
Please check out their website for more information.
Love, The Little Bee's Momma
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment