Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Mommy Must Have: Toddler Recipe Fish Sticks

I'm forever searching for new things to feed the Little Bee. I want her to be exposed to so many different foods and so far she is a great eater. One of my co-workers mentioned that she makes fish sticks for her daughter so I decided to give it a whirl. I just made up the recipe and it was a big hit. I used Panko bread crumbs, cod fish, Italian seasoning, eggs and a bit of olive oil spray. If I did this again I would use a hard grated cheese to add to the bread crumbs but I didn't have any on hand. To make the fish sticks first cut the cod into strips that little hands can easily hold. Put some Panko and Italian seasoning into one shallow baking dish, flour in a second and some eggs into another. Dredge the fish in the flour then egg then Panko. Next lay them on a cookie sheet that you lightly sprayed with the olive oil cooking spray. I baked them at about 350 degrees for about 3-5 minutes each side.
Ellen and Daddy both liked them and I will be making them again soon. These were a fun alternative to the boring meal rut Mommy sometimes finds herself in. One more tip: do y'all know about the wet hand/ dry hand when you are breading something? When you are breading anything keep one hand dry by only using it to touch the items when they are in the dry ingredients and the other hand is then the wet hand and touches your items when they are in the wet ingredients. This way your avoid having goopy breaded hands by the end of cooking your meal. I hate having messy hands and love this tip. I think I tell Lloyd about it every single time I bread something. I hope y'all try making this soon and I would love to hear about your easy go to toddler recipes! Love, The Little Bee and her Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment