Friday, February 17, 2012

Big Girl Bed Update

Mommy and Ellen have been busy adjusting to the new big girl bed and I haven't had time to give y'all an update on how that is going. The day that she fell out of her bed I scoured the Internet for the cutest bed and bedding I could find and ordered it. In the mean time we had to find a way to work with what we had at home. Ellen helped her Daddy take one side off of her crib - which it was not designed to do and scared Mommy a bit. Ellen loves helping her Daddy will tools!
I was pretty nervous that she would fall out of bed so I laid the chaise lounge cushion next to her bed and stacked it with some cushy blankets. Here she is sleeping in her crib for the last night. My sweet baby bee is growing up into a big girl!
Her new bed and bedding arrived and I was so excited to put it all together. It really is as cute as I hoped it would be. Ellen loves her new bed and hoped right in it when she saw it. She is so proud of it and loves to show it off to anyone who comes over.
She has done a pretty good job of adjusting to sleeping in her bed and the new found freedom this allows. Daddy and I had a scare the other night when she locked herself in her room at 3:00 AM (on a work night). Other than that we are all getting adjusted to this change and living to tell about it. This was definitely a hard change but then they all seem hard at the time and easier upon reflection. I am so proud of Ellen and how much she loves to try new big girl things. I just wish she would still let me rock her to sleep. Right now she prefers to have books read to her while we cuddle in her (itty bitty) bed. Last night she was super sweet and almost said her whole bed time prayer by herself. She never stops amazing me. Love, The Little Bee and her Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment