Thursday, February 2, 2012

Product of the Week: Back to the Roots Mushroom Growing Kit

I had been thinking about writing a rave review of these new mini boxed wines that World Market is selling when one of my girlfriends reminded me that it was not that long ago that I had made a recommendation for Orin Swift wine as a mothering tool. So, lest you think that I am a lush mommy - I will not tell you about how my mood has been greatly improved in the last two nights in a row by these little boxes of wine that World Market is selling... Instead, let me tell you about Back to the Roots Mushroom Growing Kits! I first received this kit as a gift at a White Elephant Gift Exchange but it was quickly stolen from me. I pouted and my mother bought be a new one for Christmas. My kit came with a 20% off coupon and I quickly ordered more to give as hostess gifts. It makes a really cute presentation with some colored raffia tied around the top handle and a personalized gift sticker stuck to the front.
I could not wait to start my kit and within 10 days had a great crop of Oyster mushrooms that I cooked in an Arriabbiata sauce with whole grain noodles. They were delicious! This little kit would make such a fun project for kids too since they grow so fast. I can just imagine how excited a little one would be to get up each morning to see how much their mushrooms grew! I know it was exciting for me. Love, The Little Bee's Momma
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Too bad these are the first thing that went at the White Elephant gift exchange... I really wanted them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine does not look like the picture.

    ReplyDelete