Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mommy's Wishes


Bee, you answered so many of Mommy's life long wishes when you came into this world. I am so happy to have the family we have. I love your Daddy so much and in him have found a true partner in every thing we do. He has been my strong and wonderful partner in rearing you and in life. I wish that, one day, you will find a man who will love, spoil, respect, and protect you in the way that your Daddy does for me. We are so lucky that we have him, Bee.
I don't know if you can really understand how happy you make me until you have your own Little Bee. Your crooked little toothy smile as you run towards me and grab me at my knees melts my heart. Your sweet strokes on the back of my arm as I rock you to sleep bring tears to my eyes. Your spontaneous kisses (clucks of the tongue really) across the room are my world.
The way your head smells as I bury you in kisses and how perfectly we fit when we cuddle makes me know how right God was when He chose us for each other.
Being your Mommy has made this the best year of my life so far! I am so proud of you and everything you have done this year. You have learned so much about the world and have so much more you want to learn. I love how curious you are. My birthday wish for you, as you turn 1!, is that you continue your life as happy as you are now. I hope that you continue to love people the way that you do and that they love you back. We pray every night that you learn how to give your heart to God and I wish that this comes easy for you. I hope that you find a life worth living and that you are in love with the path you choose. I wish that you will always know how much your Mommy and Daddy love you, even when you are 13! I have loved seeing the person you are becoming and I hope that I can get out of your way so that you can become exactly what you want to become. I will be so proud of whatever that is, just because it is you and that is enough.

Here's to many more wonderful years of carving out this family and this life that I feel so blessed to be living!

Happy First Birthday, Little Bee! Love, Your Momma

1 comment:

  1. Liz this is so sweet, it made me cry! You are such a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete